Recall, the governor had on Tuesday, June 13, inaugurated 15 new commissioners with a charge to sustain efforts by the government to improve the livelihood of the people and ensure economic prosperity for the State.
In a statement, Secretary to the Edo State Government, Osarodion Ogie Esq., said Christopher Osaretin Nehikhare, Dr. Joan Osa-Oviawe, Isoken Omo and Stephen Ehikioya Idehenre retained their portfolios as Commissioners for the Ministries of Communication and Orientation; Education; Housing, Urban and Regional Planning & Development, and Agriculture and Food Security respectively.
According to Ogie, “The Edo State Governor, His Excellency, Mr. Godwin Obaseki has approved the assignment of portfolios to the new Commissioners who were recently inaugurated as members of the Edo State Executive Council (EXCO).Þ
The Commissioners and their portfolios are as follows: Ministry of Communication and Orientation-Christopher Osaretin Nehikhare; Ministry of Education- Dr. Joan Osa-Oviawe; Ministry of Housing, Urban and Regional Planning & Development- Isoken Omo, and Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security- Stephen Ehikioya Idehenre.”
Others are Ministry of Justice/Attorney General- Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi; Ministry of Health- Samuel Alli (Dr.); Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs – Monday Osaigbovo; Ministry of Mining and Energy- Enaholo Ojiefo; Ministry of Arts, Culture and Tourism- Uyi Oduwa-Malaka; Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning- Adaze Aguele-Kalu, and Ministry of Social Development & Gender Issues- Christabel Omoh Ekwu.”
Also on the list are “Ministry of Business, Trade & Cooperatives- Patrick Uanseru; Ministry of Roads & Bridges- Ethan Osaze Uzamere; Ministry of Public Security and Safety- Kingsley Uwagbale, and Ministry of Environment and Sustainability- Joshua Omokhodion.”
Ogie added, “This notice takes immediate effect. All the commissioners are expected to resume at their various Ministries and begin to function in their various capacities.”
NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT OF PORTFOLIOS TO NEW COMMISSIONERS
The Edo State Governor, His Excellency, Mr. Godwin Obaseki has approved the assignment of portfolios to the new Commissioners who were recently inaugurated as members of the Edo State Executive Council (EXCO).
The Commissioners and their portfolios are as follows:
1. Ministry of Communication and Orientation – Christopher Osaretin Nehikhare
2. Ministry of Education – Dr. Joan Osa-Oviawe
3. Ministry of Housing, Urban and Regional Planning & Development – Isoken Omo
4. Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security – Stephen Ehikioya Idehenre
5. Ministry of Justice/Attorney General – Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi
6. Ministry of Health- Samuel Alli (Dr.)
7. Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs – Monday Osaigbovo
8. Ministry of Mining and Energy – Enaholo Ojiefo
9. Ministry of Arts, Culture and Tourism – Uyi Oduwa-Malaka
10. Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning – Adaze Aguele-Kalu
11. Ministry of Social Development & Gender Issues – Christabel Omoh Ekwu
12. Ministry of Business, Trade & Cooperatives – Patrick Uanseru
13. Ministry of Roads & Bridges – Ethan Osaze Uzamere
14. Ministry of Public Security and Safety – Kingsley Uwagbale
15. Ministry of Environment and Sustainability – Joshua Omokhodion
This notice takes immediate effect. All the commissioners are expected to resume at their various Ministries and begin to function in their various capacities.
- Protesters storm National Assembly over Kaduna village bombing
- Long Service Award: Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Assures Workers of Brighter Years Ahead
- Labour Party Expels Governorship Candidate
- 2023 Luminary Soiree: Julius Berger Stands Tall as Raji Fashola says
- “We’ll Deploy our Unique Engineering Expertise to deliver Premium Quality for the Delta State Government and People”, Says Julius Berger MD, Engr. Dr. Lars Richter Berger,
- Ground Breaking for construction of four major projects by Construction giant Julius Berger Nigeria PLC
- NIRSAL Boss Abdulhameed Finally Arrested.
- Press Statement: Be creative for optimal performance, Speaker Abbas tasks NNPCL
- Tinubu Appoints Hon. E. J. Agbonayinma Acting Chairman of CCB
- Appeal court sacks PDP lawmaker, declares APC winner