Appeal Court of Assizes in Palermo City in Italy in a unanimous judgment delivered on 15th day of march,2022 acquitted members of NBM of Africa in Italy.It would be recalled that Mr Ken Osayande,Festus Pedro Erhonmosele and Mr Osahenagharu Uwagboe were arrested on allegation that the NBM of Africa which they belong to in Italy is one and same organisation as Black Axe organisation which is suspected to have same structure and operational style of a Mafia group otherwise called Cosa Nostra.On 8th day of November,2019,the trial lower Court of Assizes in Palermo City in Italy,dismissed the charges of membership of mafia group,criminal conspiracy to commit extortion amongst other charges and acquitted them as there were no proof that the Pan African Socio- Cultural organisation called NBM of Africa is same as Black Axe. The prosecutor was dissatisfied with the judgment hence filed and commenced appeal about 17th day of December, 2020 at the Assizes Court of Appeal in Palermo City in Italy.The Court of Appeal presided over by Justice Angelo Pellino unanimously acquitted the accused members of NBM of Africa on grounds that there was nothing linking them to any mafia group or Black Axe.The Appeal Court further ruled that NBM is not a mafia group.The NBM of Africa members were represented by some of the best Defence Attorneys in Italy namely Giovanni Rizzuti, Anastasia Righetti,Cinzia Pecorino,and Rocco Chinnici.While breaking the news of the judgement to the press in Lagos,Nigeria,the spokesperson of NBM of Africa Mr Oluwatosin Dixon reiterated that the judgment has finally vindicated NBM of Africa also known as Neo Black Movement of Africa that was maliciously defamed by recent BBC documentary.He stated further that the organisation will continue to promote African Culture,Peace,Equity and Social Justice amongst all human race in accordance with its fundamental principles and objectives as a Pan African socio-cultural organisation.
- Edo Guber 2024: Senator Osunbor vows to provide water for Edo Central within one year if voted Governor
- Tribunal Upholds Bauchi State Governor’s Election.
- After sacknofn Kano governor, tribunal upholds PDP governorship election in BAUCHI State.
- Just in! Tribunal Sacks Governor Abba Yusuf Of Kano, declares APC’s Yusuf Winner
- Organised Labour Raise Alarm Over Alleged Plan To Sell 110 Federal Govt Colleges.
- Nasarawa moves to end endless prosecution of criminal cases in courts, targets four months.
- BREAKING: NCC announces major change to fixed lines numbering format
- BRAND NEWS: JULIUS BERGER WINS 8TH CONSECUTIVE CONSTRUCTION SECTOR LEADERSHIP AWARD AT #IAMBRANDNIGERIA’S TOP 50 BRANDS 2023
- NLC Planned Indefinite Strike May Take Effect Thursday
- The Big Five Construct Nigeria Exhibition: