* Oba of Lagos: Give anything to Julius Berger, they will deliver beyond your expectation • The company’s roads are very durable, says Lagos Assembly Deputy Speaker April 29, 2021 Firstcall News Lagos state Governor, His Excellency Babajide Sanwoolu has explained why his administration awarded three key roads on Lagos Island Local government area to Julius Berger Nigeria PLC saying that the company knows the terrain very well even as the Oba of Lagos, His Royal Majesty Rilwan Akiolu praised the efforts of the company at delivering quality on schedule. Alongside the Deputy Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly Deputy Speaker, Hon. Wasiu Ehinlokun Sani, the duo spoke at the official project flagoff of the New Massey street Children’s hospital and the regeneration of the popular Adeniji Adele and Okepopo/Tapa streets on Lagos Island Wednesday. The event held at the site of the proposed children’s hospital. According to Sanwoolu, the road projects form a greater part of a greater Lagos agenda; and “we have engaged Messrs Julius Berger, a company that knows the terrain too well to assist”. The Governor added that the contractor has been given strict instruction to minimise any pain the execution of the project may cause them. He therefore appealed to residents of the area to cooperate with Julius Berger for a successful project delivery and on schedule. Amidst appeal for CSR efforts from Julius Berger, His Royal Majesty Oba Akiolu said that, “I have always told many people that if you give anything to Julius Berger, the company will deliver fast and well”. Like the governor, the respected monarch tasked residents of the area saying, “you have to cooperate with Julius Berger to serve you better.” Speaking in the same vein, the Deputy Speaker declared that, “I have known Julius Berger for many years. They have a good track record. I worked with them when they had some jobs in this area when our leader, Alh Bola Tinubu was governor. I was leader of the boys then. The roads they did then are still motorable till date. And I have no doubt that Julius Berger will deliver better results with this project.” The Permanent Secretary, Lagos state works ministry, Engr. Rotimi Thomas in giving details of the road regeneration contract found time to encourage the Adeniji Adele community residents to “cooperate with the contractors.” Nigeria’s Ambassador to Spain, Demola Seriki as well as the Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructures, Engr Monsurat Adeyoye were not left out. In her welcome address, Adeyoye said the jobs were given to “whom the cap fits”, adding that “since the road contruction work will require expansion and refixing the drainages and given the high volume of traffic on the busy Adeniji Adele , Okepopo and Tapa roads, some inconveniences would be involved on the part of members of the community. On this, I call for the usual understanding and cooperation of residents in the spirit of the typical Lagos Islander.” Also present at the event were the state’s deputy governor, Alhaji Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, members of the state executive council, members of the state House of Assemble, the Managing Director of Julius Berger Nigeria PLC, Engr. Dr. Lars Richter and Regional Manager, Region West, Julius Berger Nigeria PLC; Engr. Thomas Balzuweit, Other members of the Julius Berger team at the event include, Engr. Ikem, Engr. Gbenga and Engr Rasheedat Anifowoshe among others.
- Julius Berger commences immediate repair on Km 75 Abuja – Kaduna Expressway
- Bad Roads: Esan land to Shut Abuja-Benin Road
- UN Body Honours James Ume
- The Story Of Attah Ameh Oboni – the Nigerian King who Chose Suicide Instead of Bowing to the Queen of England.
- Press Statement: Committee completes inspections of NEPZA projects, expresses delight with executions
- Julius Berger: Orphans hail Construction Leader’s CSR donation of food, cash, and other items onWorld Humanitarian Day
- High Court Acquits and Discharge Jonah Jang
- Press Release: Virtual Free Zones: NEPZA, Binance in Partnership
- CONSTRUCTION LEADER BUILDS, DELIVERS CLASSROOM BLOCKS FOR SCHOOL AT ABUJA-KANO ROAD COMMUNITY
- PDP crisis: More hurdles to cross for Atiku and Wike over reconciliation