- I By Thomas IBU, Abuja
- A group, Zamafara State Good Governance Group ZSGGG, has accused the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole and other chieftains of the party of mounting pressures on the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Mohammed Bello to review the Supreme Court judgement that awarded all elected positions in the state to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Others named in the plot was the immediate past governor of the state, Abdullaziz Yari among others.
A statement by the Coordinator of the Group (ZSGGG), Musa Mohammadu Yinusa) said that the national chairman of APC and few a members of the National Working Committee (NWC) are the master mind of the plot, stating that the group will resist the plot to revisit decision of the Supreme Court.
According to the statement, “Exactly one week ago, the National chairman of APC, Adams Oshiomhole hosted a delegation of leaders of the Party from Zamfara State.
“The meeting ended with a directive to the visiting state leaders to seek a review of the judgement of the Supreme Court which nullified the purported victory of the party at the polls during the 2019 elections”.
As a result, the group said that information have emerged that the APC leaders with the encouragement from their national headquarters have proceeded to the Supreme Court to seek for a review of the landmark judgment.
The Supreme Court had nullified the Victory of the APC in all the elections except the Presidential polls on the ground that the APC violated the INEC Guidelines which made it mandatory for political parties to hold party primaries for the purpose of electing party standard bearers for all the elective positions.
The ZSGGG said so far that investigations show that the just confirmed Chief Justice of the Federation, Justice Bello Mohammed, who gave the lead judgement in the Zamfara Suit while acting as the CJN has given his nod to the move by the APC to seek a review of the judgement.
The group said that, “Legal experts say that it is unheard of for the Supreme Court in the history of the judiciary to reverse its judgment on critical issues like the Zamfara APC political crisis which denied the Party the opportunity to field candidates for the 2019 polls.
“Information from Zamfara state indicate that there is already an uneasiness in the state over the planned review of the judgment which many stakeholders feel may be manipulated in favour of the APC”.
The Zamfara coalition for good governance in a statement said such move if it is carried out will throw the state back into a fresh era of security challenges which the new PDP administration in the state is employing all conceivable channels to put an end to.
Zamfara state, it said, “in the last two years has not known peace as banditry, kidnapping and senseless killings flourished until the coming of the PDP administration.
”We will simply return to an era when we cannot sleep with our eyes closed until the administration of governor Mohammed Bello Mutawalle,”* the Zamfara coalition for good governance declared in its statement.
“Even though, the cause list at the Supreme Court for next week is yet to be made public but our investigations show that the suit may come up at the apex court on Monday or Tuesday with possibility of speedy hearing and judgement”, the group said.
- 2023: Group reinstates support for APC Presidential candidate
- JULIUS BERGER STILL THE MOST RELIABLE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY IN NIGERIA- ADAMS OSHIOMHOLE
- 2023: Group threatens to dump APC over neglect of their principal by PCC
- Full transcript of Mr Peter Obi’s response to Gov Soludo at the Lagos Business School today 15 November
- Criminal Case Of Perjury To Be Filed Against APC’s Bola Tinubu Today – David Hundeyin
- PRESS RELEASE: DISPELLING THE FEARS ON THE REPORTED NEW SEVEN- COUNT AMENDED CHARGE FILED AGAINST OUR INDEFATIGABLE CLIENT-ONYENDU MAZI NNAMDI KANU – BEFORE JUSTICE B.F.M. NYAKO OF FEDERAL HIGH COURT, ABUJA.
- COURT AWARDS N200M DAMAGES IN FAVOUR OF BENEDICT PETERS AGAINST THE EFCC, ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION & 5 OTHERS
- Press Statement: US ambassador to speak on Integrity of elections at Hubert Humphrey alumni annual seminar
- Hushpuppi bags 11years Jail Term.