– The July 14 governorship election in Ekiti has been condemned by the state House of Assembly – The House said the election did not reach democratic standard – It described the electoral process as unfortunate The Ekiti State House of Assembly has rejected the outcome of the state gubernatorial election which took place on Saturday, July 14 and saw Kayode Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) emerge victorious. Premium Times reports that the House also resolved that it would resume sitting a week before the expiration of the tenure of Governor Ayo Fayose. The House which is dominated by members of the Peoples Democratic Party accused security operatives of supporting the APC in the election. READ ALSO: APC has failed woefully – Prof Gana Akinyele Olatunji who is the leader of the House described the electoral process as unfortunate. He also condemned the alleged harassment of Fayose by security operatives. On the long break, he said: “The adjournment became imperative due to the political harassment of members by security agents.” Samuel Omotoso who is the chairman House committee on information in his reaction said the election did not reach democratic standard claiming it was marred by “outright brigandage, vote buying and falsification of results.” The House passed a resolution claiming the election was heavily militarised. They resolved that “the result of the governorship election stood rejected by the House. “That the security agencies should vacate the entrance of the Government House where they were currently laying siege and also condemned the siege on the government owned radio and television outfits by armed military personnel.”
- Organ Harvest: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor and Daughter Found Guilty
- Press Release: NEPZA boss describes Sanwo-olu’s re-election as repayment for hard-work, says LFZ to fast-track industrialization of Lagos
- Full list of 16 bills Mr Buhari assented to today 16/03/2023
- CRITIQUING JUDGES AND JUDGMENTS: THE DIVIDING LINE
- 2023 Guber: ADC Governorship Candidate steps down for A A Sule
- LP alleges plans to upturn its FCT Senate Seat Victory
- NCC Unveils New Unified Short Codes For All Mobile Networks In The Country
- About FG’s aeromagnetic surveys in Edo, others
- Group empowers 32 women to mark Int’l Women’s Day
- Supreme court sacks Shekarau as senator-elect
He who laughs last laughs best. Let the game continue.
Comments are closed.