Ayuba Wabba, President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), announced this at a press conference in Abuja on Sunday.
He said the strike is being called off as a result of the firm and formal assurance of the Federal Government to reconvene the tripartite committee on the new minimum wage.
“We invite you here today to inform you that we have received a firm and formal invitation to a reconvene meeting of tripartite committee schelduled for 4th and 5th October 2018,” he said.
“We demanded that this shall be the final session of the committee assignment and that a formal report will then be submitted to Mr. President immediately.
“In order to avail the committee the necessary conducive environment to hold this crucial meeting and conclude its work the organised labour has after obtaining the mandates of their necessary organs decided to suspend the ongoing warning strike with effect from today Sunday 30th September 2018.”
The Labour Congress had earlier on Thursday, October 27, directed all its members and affiliate unions to commence a nationwide strike.
The NLC President said the industrial action was due to the refusal of the Federal Government to reconvene the meeting of the tripartite committee to enable it to conclude its work on the new national minimum wage.